Maximum versatility is the guiding principle behind VersaMax* from GE Intelligent Platforms. This compact, extremely affordable control solution can be used as a PLC, as I/O, and as distributed control.
With its modular and scalable architecture, intuitive features and ease of use, this innovative control family can save machine builders and end users considerable time and money.
Offering Big PLC Power in a Small Package:
VersaMax CPUs supply a number of features usually found only in PLCs
with larger footprints, including up to 64k of memory for application programs, floating point math, real-time clock, subroutines, PID control, flash memory, and bumpless program store.
An Abundance of Useful I/O Options:
More about VersaMax IO
- GE offers a broad range of discrete, analogue mixed, and specialty I/O modules. These modules can be freely combined to create stand-alone I/O stations with up to 256 I/O points and expanded I/O systems with up to 4,096 I/O points.
- The Perfect Match for Today’s Open Systems.
- VersaMax gives you the freedom to connect to a wide variety of host controllers, including PLC, DCS and PC-based control systems by way of Genius*, DeviceNet™, Profibus-DP™ and Ethernet networks.
- The Ultimate in Cost-effective Control and I/O:
- With intuitive diagnostics, hot insertion of modules and quick connect wiring, VersaMax extends uptime, reduces engineering and training needs, and dramatically reduces project life-cycle costs.
- Every aspect of VersaMax has been carefully refined to accommodate the user. Snap together I/O carriers mean that no tools are required for module installation or extraction.
- With VersaMax, you can even address I/O automatically